Do you like… working on a variety of projects that reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions?
Do you like… making a difference by positively impacting the environment?
Do you like… working on customized solutions using innovative technology?
Do you like… being involved in the design, build, and installation phases?
Do you like… a mix of office and field work?
Do you like… a flexible schedule to balance work and play?
Do you like… competitive compensation and benefits?
If yes then… you’ll LOVE being on the Firebridge team!
Who is Firebridge?
Founded in 1993, Firebridge is team of engineers who specialize in combustion, heat transfer, heat recovery, and advanced controls. With that in mind, we have developed the Six Delta™ Method. This unique, proprietary approach combines decades of engineering experience and exclusive intellectual capital to produce advanced solutions that are driven by data and powered financially by the rewards. The Six DeltaTM Method takes an overview approach to focus on improvements in six areas:
What do we do?
- Identify opportunities with process assessments and energy audits
- Retro-fit and upgrade existing equipment and controls
- Design, fabricate, and install new customized equipment and controls
Who do we work with?
Why do we do it?
We have one planet, Earth. This is all we have. Firebridge is committed to making a positive impact that improves the sustainability of our planet. We partner with large users of energy to find creative ways to bring an ROI to the environmental opportunities that typically get pushed aside. Together we can make a difference.
Every day, Firebridge is committed to moving technology and our industry one step ahead, bringing our clients with us into a better, more sustainable future.
Firebridge is expanding with several projects and that means bringing in new talent at an exciting time.
What do we offer?
- Team-driven atmosphere that develops well rounded individuals
- Promotion of cross-training between functions means you’ll have flexibility in various types of work
- Opportunity to travel and work on exciting and challenging large-scale projects
- Competitive compensation (to be discussed during interview)
- Benefits package
Do you have what it takes to join us?
- Have a passion for industrial combustion systems
- Are familiar with industrial boilers, furnaces, refractories and ceramic fiber insulating liners
- You have excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and drive to problem solve
- Have at least 10 years leading industrial projects
- Have at least 5 years programming and troubleshooting industrial PLCs and controls
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario with good standing
- Technical assets:
- Program a Siemens controller
- Program an Allen-Bradley controller using RSLogix
- Create electrical schematics
- Develop programming logic (ladder, function block, structured text)
- Read Process Flow Diagrams
- Sketch P&IDs
- Conceptualize Layout Drawings and General Arrangements
- Calculate Heat and Mass Balances
- Heat transfer design experience
- Microsoft Office
- Excel VBA an asset
Your Primary Responsibilities:
- Report directly to the president
- Planning, executing, and reporting the status of projects from proposal stage through to successful hand off to the client
- Oversee all project aspects of process combustion equipment and equipment retro-fits
- Prepare business case reports detailing the baseline condition, improvement opportunities, and financial payback
- Calculate heat and mass flow for industrial equipment and processes
- Travel occasionally to job sites and other third-party offices
- Support advanced Programmable Logic Controller design and troubleshooting as required
- Support corporate requirements as needed